Sunday, June 28, 2009

Best Cinnimon rolls ever

Yummmmy! Do I need to say more.
I found this recipe awhile ago but have kept holding off making them because they are so time consuming. Well Sunday I decided to give it a whirl and well, I don't mean to toot my own horn, but hands down these were the best Cinnamon rolls I have had in a long time.
They tasted just like the Cinnamon rolls me and my mom use to get at Deerly Impressive boutique up in Utah.
Here's the recipe if anyone wants to taste a little piece of Heaven. Just a heads up, they took about 2 1/2 hours from start to finish to make and I was constantly doing something. There is no way I could have made these if Alex wasn't there taking care of the kids.
But they are so worth the time.
1 can evaporated milk
4 cups hot tap water
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup potato flakes
3 Tbs. yeast
2 Tbs. salt
12-13 cups flour
*Mix all ingredients until it pulls away from sides. Then mix for 6 minutes. The let it rest for 10 minutes. Divide dough in half or into thirds, depending on how big of cinnamon rolls you want. Roll out dough onto floured surface. Cover with melted butter. Sprinkle with a cinnamon/sugar mixture. Then sprinkle with brown sugar. Roll up tight and cut with string or floss. Put them on pan and let rise until doubled in size. Bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on how big they are. Frost with buttercream frosting.
Buttercream frosting
2 cubes butter, softened at room temp.
2 boxes powdered sugar
dash of salt
2 tsp. vanilla
enough milk to make it spreadable

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I swear I smelt those on Sunday when you were cooking them. I was craving cinnamon rolls all day. It's a good thing we aren't neighbors, I'd be making up excuses to come over when ever I smelt something good cooking. Your such a great cook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you just make me some and send them to me. That sounds like a lot of work - but they look SO good!

    ReplyDelete