Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Grocery Game On!!

Okay, so I'll admit that I have had no desire to clip coupons and play the whole grocery game that I hear so many people talking about. I don't have the patience to sit and look at all the different adds for each grocery store, clip all the coupons out of the newspaper, surf the web for printable coupons, and the thing I hate absolute most, hauling all four of my kids to 5 different grocery stores trying to get the best deal.
Well, the other night after the kids had gone to bed, I put a list and coupons together and sent Alex to Albertsons to pick up certain items. He did really well, and didn't deviate from the list. We ended up getting $102.37 worth of grocery for $35.67 that was a savings of $66.70. I thought that was pretty cool.
The following day Alex was home so I hit up Safeway and got the best deal ever I got $101.90 worth of groceries for......... get ready...........$10.35 CRAZY!!!! I saved $91.45 Here's a picture of all that I got.
I was so excited that I hit up Frys later and got $212.13 worth of groceries for $111.13 a savings of $101.00.
I added everything up and we got a total of 416.40 worth of groceries and paid only $157.15 I am now officially a grocery gamer, I can't remember the last time my grocery bill was that low. I can't wait until next weeks adds come out.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! That's some serious savings. I might have to give it a try too. There's a website that does all the weekly ads for you. All you have to do is print up the coupons off their website. Also Walmart matches coupons. The website is www.sistersavings.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to start doing that. Those are some great deals! I just spent $275 on groceries and I still don't like I got everything that we needed.

    ReplyDelete