Saturday, April 11, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

Saturday was our wards Easter breakfast. The kids were so looking forward to the Easter egg hunt but it rained all morning long and we had to forgo the hunt. Needless to say the kids were tired, wet, and disappointed.
Alex and I are on the activities committee so he stayed to help and I took the kids home. When we got home the girls ran upstairs and put there pajamas back on and sat by the fire place to warm up. It came in handy that day. I think the only other time we had used it was Christmas Morning. Cute Ky all bundled up for the cold rainy morning!
After everyone had warmed up, the girls wanted me to hide the Easter eggs that they didn't get a chance to find at the breakfast. And then afterwards we colored Easter eggs.
This is the first time Austin has colored eggs and he was pretty proud of his colored creations.

Olivia coloring as many eggs as she can at one time.

And then we have Hailey.......... She just wanted to finish coloring eggs as fast as she could so that she could eat them. Her eggs weren't even finished drying before she ripped into them. She loves hard boiled eggs.

2 comments:

  1. You are a brave Mom! I don't dare to let my kids dye Easter eggs. I would have tie-dyed colored carpet, counters, etc. if I did :)

    Well if it makes you feel better, we've been getting rained on for the past couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had a good Easter weekend! Be happy for the rain.....it has been snowing here! Oh how I wish I could live in sunny AZ.

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete